< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: A New Link in the "Military Blogs" List -- American Soldier

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A New Link in the "Military Blogs" List -- American Soldier

American Soldier just passed the 150,000 visitor mark. Way to go!

This post, from today, says a lot to the Military Spouse. I know when I was deployed, or TDY, or on some other exercise that would take me from home, my wife would have to look after the kids in much the same way as this one. My wife also had a full time job on top of managing the household and the kids.

The big difference between then and now is that there were no Family Support Groups, No Family Team Building Groups, no other avenues for her to get assistance or counseling, or just to relate with other spouses. As I reflect back, I don't know how she did it. We are fortunate that there are so many support organizations for spouses today, but, as today's post at American Soldier points out, there are still obstacles to overcome.

Signing Off. Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! drh.