< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: News of Note

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

News of Note

Cookie Monster Under Fire

Over at the-rubber-stamp, there is a post about how the liberal PC police are trying to eradicate Cookie Monster. Yes, the wonderful, blue haired, crazy looking puppet that does almost anything for a cookie.
The PC police have deemed Cookie Monster, with his poor eating habits and famous catch phrase "C is for cookie and that's good enough for me", a poor role model for kids.
Check out this post. It's worth the read. My guess is that PBS will cave, and Cookie Monster will go the way of the DoDo Bird. After all, PBS gets our tax money to fund most of their liberal agendas. Not to mention the 3-4 week Beg-a-Thons every couple of months for you to "Become a member" and continue receiving the "Quality Programming" they offer.

I don't know about you, but the only thing I regularly watch, when it's not interrupted by the "Fund Raising", is This Old House. Otherwise, There is nothing worth my time or space on my Tivo. I use to watch Frontline, but, as with all else PBS, I stopped.

Anyway, I digress. Check out the story here.


Signing Off. Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! drh.