< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: Is this Irony, or What?

Friday, June 17, 2005

Is this Irony, or What?

I really don't know how this organization can have the word "Ethical" in its name. Everything I have read and seen leads to a more appropriate "Extremist" title. People for the Extremist Treatment of Animals.

There is absolutely nothing about this organization that I trust, and the following story just seals the lid on my thoughts.

From the Washington Post (registration required):


PETA Workers Arrested for Alleged Cruelty

The Associated Press
Friday, June 17, 2005; 2:15 PM

AHOSKIE, N.C. -- Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals were charged with animal cruelty wfor allegedly picking up dogs and cats from shelters and dumping their dead bodies in the garbage.

Police said they found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to the activist group, all from shelters in the state's northeastern corner.


I especially like the spokesperson's statement:
PETA spokeswoman Colleen O'Brien said the organization euthanizes animals by lethal injection, which it considers more humane than gassing animals in groups, as some counties do.
Now, if I remember right, these people are suppose to be in the business of preventing what they are being accused of. Hmmm. I rest my case about how I feel about this organization or any like it.

-- Story