< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: Paint by number

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Paint by number

I hadn't thought of this until I visited J-Walk. I remember my mother got completely hooked. We all did this as a family on the dining room table after dinner. Dad even framed a quite a few of them and they were a standard art form in our house.

A gallery of Paint By Number paintings.

This genre of painting began when Max Klein of the Palmer Paint Company got together with the artist Dan Robbins and made everyone an artist. The motto of Craft Master, the major paint by number company, was "Everyman a Rembrandt!" By 1954, more than twelve million sets had been sold.

Shown here is an action-packed image from the Wild West.

Oh, the memories.

Signing Off. Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! drh.