< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: Sport Stacking

Friday, April 08, 2005

Sport Stacking

Here is something I first heard of today while listening to "All Things Considered" on NPR. Yeah, I know.

Anyway. Sport Stacking is being used in some schools physical Fitness programs. I guess for the purpose of providing Physical Fitness type of curriculum. Well, after I looked at the video, I determined there is really no Physical Fitness involved. But, the hand-eye coordination needed to do this well is indeed impressive.

From the Web Site:
What is Sport Stacking?
Sport stacking is an exciting individual and team sport where participants stack and unstack 12 specially designed plastic cups (Speed Stacks) in pre-determined sequences.
Click on the video to see what this is all about. Apparently over 8,300 schools are participating in the "Sport." I, for one, could probably not do this in anything under 30 minutes, much less in under 5 seconds.

Signing Off. Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! drh.