< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: The Nearest Book

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Nearest Book

Got this idea from a variety of other Blogs. (Kimdergarten, The Problem, The Tea Break), so I thought I would grab it and put it here.

The nearest book on my desk here at work is Please don't just do what I tell you! Do what needs to be done. by Bob Nelson.

1) Grab the nearest book.
2) Open the book to page 54.
3) Find the seventh sentence.
4) Post the text of the sentence in your blog.

Just my luck. Page 54 is the last page of a chapter, so there is only 1 sentence:

"To wait for management's attention, therefore is to court disaster and risk losing the customer, your job, or even the business itself."

One really needs to read the rest of the book to get the full context.

Try it yourself and post a note.

Signing Off. Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! drh.