Starbucks New Drink -- Chantico
We went out and sampled the new Starbucks Chocolate drink yesterday evening.
"The Chantico Drinking Chocolate"
To say this is a really good drink, especially if you like chocolate, is an understatement. This drink is SO rich, the sample (maybe a half ounce) was more than enough for me. Cauleen had some whip cream added to her sample to cut the chocolate and add a little lighter taste.
WOW, this was good. It was not like drinking coffee or milk, it was truely like drinking dessert.
Here is what the Starcucks promotions say about Chantico:
We could go on and on. Simply put Chantico drinking chocolate is a delightfully decadent new drincable dessert from Starbucks. Chantico is best enjoyed as a perfect ending to a dinner out. So now you can end your day exactly where it began.
- For more than ninety percent of its more than 1,500 year history, chocolate was consumed as a beverage
- The name “Chantico” comes from the Aztec goddess of hearth and fire. Chantico was said to provide homes with warm comfort and heat for cooking.
- All chocolate originates from the Cacao (kah-KOW) tree and thrives only in regions within 15 degrees of the equator.
- Chocolate was believed to be the favored drink of the Mayan Gods (circa 250-900 A.D.)
- For the Aztec culture (circa 1200-1521 A.D.), chocolate was a luxury item and often used as currency.
- Throughout the 17th and 18th centuries, chocolate houses in Europe catered to the upper and noble classes with this traditional beverage.All-in-all, this is a good drink if you really want pure chocolate. Enjoy it, we sure did.