< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://echo9er.blogspot.com" > Echo9er: The Firefox Explosion

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Firefox Explosion

From Wired Magazine: The Firefox Explosion.
For Rob Davis, the final straw came during a beautiful weekend last summer, which he spent holed up in his Minneapolis apartment killing a zombie. The week before, a malicious software program had invaded Davis' PC through his browser, Internet Explorer, using a technique called the DSO exploit. His computer had been repurposed as a "zombie box" - its CPU and bandwidth co-opted to pump reams of spam onto the Internet. Furious, Davis dropped out of a planned Lake Superior camping trip to instead back up his computer and reformat his crippled hard drive. Then he vowed never to open IE again.
I started using Firefox about 2 months ago. I am very happy with it. I like the simplicity. I like the interface. I like that you can open multiple windows in tabs instead of windows. I like the Pop-up blocking. If you haven't made the switch, go here, read about it, and download it. It's free, and well worth your time.

Signing Off. Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! drh.